- Sticky keys is a feature that makes it easy for users who have physical dis-ablilities to press multiple keys at time. This is the only feature which can be used before logging in at logon screen.
- When we press shift key 5 times or use sticky keys feature, system actually starts the executable file "sethc.exe" placed in system32 directory. "cmd.exe" placed in system32 directory similarly.
- This means if we rename "cmd.exe" to "sethc.exe" and press shift 5 times, system would again start "sethc.exe" but instead of sticky keys the command prompt will be opened.
- Goto "C:/Windows/System32" & find "cmd.exe".
- Copy Paste it on Desktop & Rename it "sethc.exe".
- Now Copy this sethc.exe back to System32 folder & paste. Windows will ask for overwriting it, confirm it Yes.
- Log-Out & Press Shift key 5 times. CMD window will open up. Type --> "net user" too see admin name.
- Re-type --> "net user <admin-name> *" & set password. Login Windows as Admin.
ERROR WHILE COPYING SETHC.EXE
- SOMETIMES IT MAY HAPPEN THAT YOU CAN'T BE ABLE TO COPY PASTE "sethc.exe" IN SYSTEM32 FOLDER. YOU HAVE TO EDIT ITS PERMISSION SETTINGS.
- Right Click on sethc.exe, Properties --> Security TAB --> Advanced.
- Goto, Owner --> Edit.
- Change its Owner from "Trusted Installer" to "Administrator". Click Apply Ok.
- Now Again Goto, Security --> Edit. Click on "Administrators" & Tick Mark all Controls. Apply, Ok & Exit.
- YOU ARE DONE...